Missouri Baptist University uses myMBULearn hosted by Canvas by Instructure for its online courses. The following hardware, software and computer settings are the minimum specifications to work with the application. myMBULearn and its hosting infrastructure of Canvas by Instructure are designed for maximum compatibility and minimal requirements.
Studio is best viewed at a minimum resolution of 800×600.
- Windows 8.1 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux – chromeOS
Computer Speed and Processing
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Studio has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments
- Minimum of 512kbps
Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Chrome 79 and 80
- Firefox 71 and 72
- Edge 44 (Windows only)
- Edge 80
- Respondus Lockdown Browser (supporting the latest system requirements)
- Safari 12 and 13 (Macintosh only)
You should always use the most current version of your preferred browser. Your browser will notify you if there is a new version available.
Note: Studio webcam capture is only supported by Chrome and Firefox browsers.
The Studio user interface inherits the browser’s set language.
Studio on Mobile Devices
The Studio interface is optimized for desktop displays and is not officially supported on mobile browsers.
Visit the Apple store or the Play store to download mobile browsers. The following major browsers are compatible with mobile devices:
- Photon Flash Player (supports Flash )
Note: Android default browser varies per mobile device.
Canvas Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 and newer (versions vary by device)
- Android 4.2 and newer
Supported Video Formats
Studio supports H.264 video playback.
Studio will accept the following video files for playback:
- flv – Flash Video
- asf – Windows Media
- qt – Apple QuickTime
- mov – Apple QuickTime
- mpg – Digital Video Format
- mpeg – Digital Video Format
- avi – Digital Video Format
- m4v – Digital Video Format
- wmv – Windows Media
- mp4 – Digital Video Format
- 3gp – Multimedia Mobile Format
Supported Audio Formats
Studio will accept the following audio files for playback:
- mp3 – Digital Audio Format
- wma – Windows Media Audio
- wav – Waveform Audio File Format
Last updated: 03/16/2020