Take the Next Step—Earn Your Psychiatric Mental Health NP Fully Online!
Play a bigger role on the mental health and well-being of patients with MBU’s Master of Science in Nursing—Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) degree. Our 100% online format is designed to provide a flexible path to earn your MSN degree in as little as 2 years—even as you work full time.
- 100% online – Flexible online classes and labs that work with your shift schedule and busy lifestyle.
- Advance your career while working full time – This program is designed to accommodate the working nurse. Full-time students can complete their degree in as few as six (6) semesters.
- Real-world experience – MBU’s professors have real-world, professional experience to help students stay up to date on all current challenges and trends in the field.
- Academics and faith– MBU is a Christian University in St. Louis, committed to providing strong academic programs with a focus on integrating personal faith in the practice of nursing while serving a global and culturally diverse community.
The MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner prepares graduates for the ANCC PMHNP-BC exam.
Program Start Date: August 19, 2024
Cost Per Credit Hour: $745
Estimated Program Length: 24 Months
Earn your PMHNP in 2 years,
even while working full time
In as few as six (6) semesters, MBU’s Master of Science in Nursing Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program prepares you to serve individuals or families with psychiatric needs. Our flexible curriculum, taught by professors with real-world professional experience, integrates theory and practice, enhancing your skills and knowledge. As a Christian institution, we believe in the importance of providing strong academic programs where your personal faith can be put into practice, allowing you to better serve a global and culturally diverse community in a more holistic way.
What is a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner?
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners (PMHNPs) play a critical role in providing lifesaving and life-sustaining psychiatric services. PMHNPs work in a wide variety of facilities, including private counseling services, schools, public health clinics and other facilities requiring psychiatric care. They treat a wide range of mental health disorders, as well as providing assessment and educational services for patients and their families.
MSN-PMHNP Career Outlook
The need for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners is on the rise.
With such a pronounced need for mental health awareness, diagnosis and care, health care professionals who specialize in mental health needs—such as psychiatric nurse practitioners—are in particularly high demand.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that the employment of all nurse practitioners will grow by 52% between 2020 and 2030.
- According to the BLS, the median annual wage of all nurse practitioners is $121,610.
As a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, you can choose from a variety of practice settings such as:
- Mental Health Departments
- Private Psychiatric Practices
- Private Counseling Practices
- Public Health Clinics
- Work-site Based Clinics
- Nursing Homes
- Correctional Facilities
- BSN degree
- 3.0 GPA
- Active unencumbered RN license
- MSN application
For more details on this online graduate degree at Missouri Baptist University, please contact the Office of Online & Graduate Enrollment Services at 314.392.2327 or email@example.com.