This page is devoted to equipping MBU faculty with the tools needed to carry out the University’s mission in an online classroom.
Teaching Online for the First Time
- The single most important thing you can do is to stay engaged daily with your students. Use email, announcements, the Course Q & A discussion forum, chat, etc., but check in every day (preferably several times) to help your students through this transition.
- How to Help Struggling Student Succeed Online Eight simple ways you can help your new online students do well.
Canvas Resources for Faculty
- Canvas Instructor Guides
- Canvas Instructor Orientation (you must have an active MBU account)
- Video Guides for Faculty and Students
Set up your Canvas course in 30 minutes or less
- Canvas Overview
- Course Management (copy content from one course to another)
- Course Home Page Customization
- Assignments Overview
- Gradebook Overview
Resources to find Course Content/Videos
Bring in the expertise of others around the world to your course. Look for resources at sites like these:
- PBS Videos
- Khan Academy
- Faith Resources: Create a free Rightnow Media account using your mobap.edu email address here
- Embed a Rightnow Media Video on Canvas
Also check your textbook publisher’s website. Most have online resources you can use.
Need Canvas assistance?
Canvas 24/7 Support is available by telephone or chat by clicking Help ? in Canvas
Additional Help Resources